Due to a very nasty cold, I haven’t had much reading or blogging time this week. It’s always a busy time of year, but I found November to be unbelievably hectic…and I’m glad it’s over! Here’s my November recipe for the exhaustion that brought on my cold:
- Husband traveled to California to help close-out his mother’s house because she is now in an Alzheimer’s facility
- I traveled to Oregon to spend a fun extended weekend with the Grandboy
- Upon return from California, husband had a medical emergency (kidney stone…ouch!)
- Add to the normal busy-ness of each week in my 2nd grade classroom, the task of preparing report cards (It’s an online report card system … and half-way through the process, the school district deleted my account by accident … fortunately I got all my grades back after a very stressful 24 hours!)
- Report cards were then followed by 27 intense parent-teacher conferences (very supportive parents this year…which explains why my kids are so nice!)
- Student #28 arrived to join my class. Very sweet girl and a wonderful student (!), but 28 is an enormous number of students to have in 2nd grade!
- Thanksgiving travel…a joyful Thanksgiving with the Grandboy, but traffic between Seattle and Portland, and then Portland and Seattle, was horrendous!
Needless to say, I am very glad that November is over. I’m hoping that December will be much calmer (as chaotic as it can be) by comparison! I’ll stop complaining now, and I promise I’ll get back to blogging about BOOKS very soon, I hope.