Michelle, at 1morechapter, is hosting the second Book Awards Challenge. I was sorry I missed this challenge last year because I read and enjoy many award-winning books. So I scoured my shelves yesterday and came up with a list of books I already own that will get me started on this new challenge.
Here are the rules:
- Read 10 award winners from August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
- You must have at least FIVE different awards in your ten titles.
- Overlaps with other challenges are permitted.
- You don’t have to post your choices right away, and your list can change at any time.
- ‘Award winners’ is loosely defined; make the challenge fit your needs, keeping in mind Rule #2.
- Have fun reading!
My Possible Reads: (I will add to or substitute books from this list, but these are all books already on my massive TBR list!)
PULITZER: The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Thornton Wilder
PULITZER: The Yearling, Margorie Kinnan Rawlings
HUGO: The Yiddish Policeman’s Union, Michael Chabon
NEBULA: Neuromancer, William Gibson
SASQUATCH: The Ghost’s Grave, Peg Kehret
MYTHOPOEIC finalist: Inkheart, Cornelia Funke
MYTHOPOEIC: Ombria in Shadow, Patricia McKillip
NEWBERY: The Higher Power of Lucky, Susan Patron
EDGAR: Chasing Vermeer, by Blue Balliett
PURA BELPRE: Esperanza Rising, Pam Munoz Ryan
AGATHA: Birds of a Feather, by Jacqueline Winspear
NOBEL: Sons (Good Earth trilogy, Vol.2), Pearl S. Buck
NOBEL: something by Gabriel Garcia Marquez