In anticipation of some new challenges coming up (in particular, Carl V’s Once Upon a Time Challenge III which will start soon), I’ve completed another challenge. My goal for the Book Awards Reading Challenge was to read 10 books from 5 different challenges. Here’s a list of what I read for this challenge. Thanks to Michelle (1 More Chapter) for hosting it.
Read 10 award winners from 5 different prizes between August 1, 2008 through June 1, 2009.
- PULITZER: The Optimist’s Daughter, Eudora Welty
- SASQUATCH: The Ghost’s Grave, Peg Kehret
- PULITZER Special Award: Maus I: A Survivor’s Tale, by Art Spiegelman
- PURA BELPRÉ: Esperanza Rising, Pam Muñoz Ryan
- NESTLÉ SMARTIES BOOK PRIZE: Varjak Paw, by S.F. Said
- MASSACHUSETTS CHILDREN’S BOOK AWARD: Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White
- PULITZER: The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Thornton Wilder
- THE ALA’S SCHNEIDER FAMILY BOOK AWARD: Becoming Naomi León, by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- THE MAUD HART LOVELACE BOOK AWARD: The Devil’s Arithmetic, by Jane Yolen
- THE ROBERT F. SIEBERT HONOR AWARD: To Dance: A Ballerina’s Graphic Novel, by Siena Cherson Siegel and Mark Siegel
Yikes! I still have about six to go before I finish this challenge, but I have until June, right? That will give me some breathing room, I hope. Congratulations on your finished books!
Thanks, Bellezza. Yes, you’ve got some breathing room. I’m just trying to finish up a few of my challenges before I take on some new ones. I went crazy and signed up for an insane number of different challenges … but I’m enjoying them all!
Well done. I’m just finished this one too but have been too lazy to write up a post. I loved The Bridge of San Luis Rey.