It’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Here’s how it works:
On Wednesday 1st August, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by 31st August, 2018. We’ll check in here then to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Wednesday 1st August.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 31st August.
This will be the third “Spin” I’ve done since I joined the Classics Club. The last spin was a fail for me. The book chosen just wasn’t the right one for me at the time, so I still haven’t finished it (I will, eventually). I’m hoping the book chosen for this Spin will be one in which I can get completely and delightfully lost. Here is my list of 20 books for Spin #18. The chosen book will be highlighted in red.
- Kokoro, Natsume Soseki
- Kinfolk, Pearl S. Buck
- Ask Me, William Stafford
- A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry
- Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- Travels With My Aunt, Graham Greene
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Kate Douglas Wiggin
- The Measure of My Days, Florida Scott-Maxwell
- The Sussex Downs Murder, John Bude
- Death Be Not Proud, John Gunther
- Neuromancer, William Gibson
- Dust Tracks on a Road, Zora Neale Hurston
- Excellent Women, Barbara Pym
- The Gaucho Martin Fierro, José Hernández
- Green Thoughts: A Writer in the Garden, Eleanor Perenyi
- The Lost Prince, Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Green Hills of Africa, Ernest Hemingway
- The Sea Runners, Ivan Doig