This morning begins the Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon! I’m up early, have my big mug of morning tea, my pile of books and my Kindle all charged up. Ready to go! So I will start with the “Getting to Know You Survey” while I’m drinking my tea, and then it’s on to a day full of reading!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m reading from Forest Grove, Oregon, a college town about 27 miles west of Portland. Lovely town surrounded by agricultural fields and wineries. Lots of beauty to see on my daily walks!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I’m excited to read any and all of them!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I’m most looking forward to the coffee I will treat myself to today. We have a new coffee shop in town, Black Rock Coffee Bar, and I’m going to head over there a little later and do some of my reading there while having a great cup of coffee.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Avid reader, grandma of one bright and articulate eleven year old boy, former elementary school teacher, walker, knitter, gardener. Enjoying my retirement!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Read more books than last time!