A late welcome to the month of March! I’ve been awfully busy this week with other things, (grandson with the flu; daughter moving into her new home up north; doctor and dentist check-ups; exercise class three mornings a week; a return to morning power walks in preparation for a 5k race on the 17th). It’s made it a little difficult to get back to my blog as scheduled. It keeps calling to me, though, no matter how busy I get! And I have continued with my reading. Thank goodness I can listen while driving so I can continue enjoying my books despite the many errands.
Books Finished Since March 1st:
- A Mind of Her Own, by Paula McLain. An Audible novella about Marie Curie. Very interesting!
- The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3), by Kazu Kibuishi. A graphic novel series I am really enjoying.
- Shadow Over the Fens, by Joy Ellis. The second in the DI Nikki Galena series. I am completely addicted to this series already.
- Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens. A birthday gift from my brother and sister-in-law. Really well-written and quite a story!
- Trail of Lightning, by Rebecca Roanhorse. The first book in a new post-apocalyptic fantasy series that caught my attention.
Podcasts I’ve Been Enjoying:
- The Gardenangelists, with Carol Michel and Dee Nash. A wonderfully fun and informative gardening podcast.
- The Beginner’s Garden, with Jill McSheehy. Another very informative gardening podcast.
- The Rachel Maddow Show, from MSNBC.
Hopefully, Life will soon settle down a bit and I can get back to my usual routines. Maybe the temperatures will even warm up, although I know it will be awhile before I can get back to reading on the porch!