Hooray! It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
How it works:
- Before next Monday 23rd September 2019, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list. This is your “Spin List.”
- You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period.
- On Monday 23 September, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by 31st October 2019.
My Spin #21 List:
(stop back here after September 23rd to see which book I will be reading for this CC Spin! I’ll highlight it in red.)
- Death Be Not Proud, by John Gunther
- Letters to a Young Poet, by Rainer Maria Rilke
- The Gaucho Martin Fierro, by Jose Fernandez
- The Sussex Downs Murder, by John Bude
The Secret Agent, by Joseph Conrad
- Kokoro, by Natsume Soseki
- Excellent Women, by Barbara Pym
- The Story of an African Farm, by Olive Schreiner
- The Sea Runners, by Ivan Doig
- Rose in Bloom, by Louisa May Alcott
- Sons, by Pearl S. Buck
- A Room of One’s Own, by Virginia Woolf
- Night, by Elie Wiesel
- The Solitary Summer, by Elizabeth von Arnim
- Marcovaldo, or The Seasons of the City, by Italo Calvino
- A Room With a View, by E.M. Forster
- The Ramayana, by Bulbul Sharma
- The Lost Prince, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Measure of My Days, by Florida Scott-Maxwell
- Green Thoughts: A Writer in the Garden, by Eleanor Perenyi
This challenge is a fun recurring event of The Classics Club. Click here to see my list of 50 books to read in 5 years.