It’s time for another Classics Club “Spin!” Here’s how it works:
At your blog, by August 9th, 2020,, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your “Spin List.”
You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period.
Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you have been putting off, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favourite author, re-reads, ancients, non-fiction, books in translation — whatever you choose.)
The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by 30th September, 2020.
During this time of continued quarantine for Covid-19, I am enjoying a lot of reading. So here I go again with a list of books from my 50 books to read before March, 2022.
Please check back here soon to see which of these books I will be reading for the new Spin!
- Rose in Bloom, Louisa May Alcott
- Barchester Towers, Anthony Trollope
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
- A River Runs Through It, Norman McClean
- Night, Elie Wiesel
- The Book of Tea, Kazuko Okakura
- Heidi, Johanna Spyri
- A Room of One’s Own, Virginia Woolf
- Ruth, Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Story of an African Farm, Olive Schreiner
- A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry
- Kokoro, Natsume Soseki
- Letters to a Young Poet, Rainer Maria Rilke
- The Ramayana, Bulbul Sharma
- The Lost Prince, Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, Mildred D. Taylor
- The Gaucho Martin Fierro, José Hernández
The House on Mango Street, Sandra Cisneros
- Sons, Pearl S. Buck
- Barracoon, Zora Neale Hurston