My reading in 2020 was comfort and solace, educational and life-affirming, and lots of fun. That’s not bad for a year of chaos, trauma, and losses of all kinds! As I’ve said many times throughout 2020, I am lucky to be a reader, an introvert, and retired! It made this fearful year of quarantine a lot less stressful.
Here are some of my favorite books read in 2020:
My two favorite series read in 2020:
I joined The Classics Club in March 2017 and made a commitment to read 50 classics in five years. At the end of this year, with another year and 3 months to go to meet this challenge, I have read 39 out of 50 books on my list!
Every year, I welcome Autumn by participating in the Readers Imbibing Peril challenge. This year was the fifteenth year for this challenge, and I read and enjoyed 8 books. Click here to read my reviews.
I also have a number of ongoing personal reading challenges that I enjoy. I call them my Reading Journeys. There is no time limit on my reading for these challenges, but they are all special genres, learning paths, and authors I enjoy. I love keeping track of them, thus the list below of my progress on each one! Click here to see each of my omgoing Reading Journeys.
- May Sunshine Light Your Day: I have read 5 out of 9 books.
- Reading Pearl: I have read 9 out of 32 choices.
- Reading Miss Read: I have read 15 out of 37 books.
- Reading Nevil Shute: I have read 17 out of 24 books.
- Wanderlust, Reading the World: I have read 32 out of 196 choices.
- Wanderlust, Reading the 50 States: I have read 13 out of 50 books.
- My Anti-Racist Education: I have read 25 books.
- My Garden Reading: I have read 32 books.
- My Holiday Reading: I have read 79 books.
- B’s Reading Challenge: I have read 1 out of 4 books.