“It’s easy. At your blog, before next Sunday 12th June, 2022, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List.
You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period: August 7, 2022.”
I enjoy these Classics Club spins, although I haven’t always finished the book or reviewed it in a timely manner. However, since it’s supposed to be a fun, stressless event, I just read for the enjoyment of it, and like having the book chosen for me at random.
So for Spin #30, here are the twenty choices from my Classics Club List (round 2):
- Austin, Mary Hunter: The Land of Little Rain
- Beston, Henry: The Northern Farm: A Glorious Year on a Small Maine Farm
- Buck, Pearl S: Sons
- Conrad, Pam: My Daniel
Doyle, Arthur Conan: The Sign of the Four
- Fleming, Ian: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: The Magical Car
- Gunther, John: Death Be Not Proud
- Hinton, S.E.: The Outsiders
- Morrison, Toni: Home
- Narayan, R.K.: Malgudi Days
- Proust, Marcel: Days of Reading
- Pym, Barbara: Some Tame Gazelle
- Sorensen, Virginia: Miracles on Maple Hill
- Soseki, Natsume: Kokoro
- Trollope, Anthony: Barchester Towers
- Verne, Jules: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- von Arnim, Elizabeth: The Caravaners
- Wharton, Edith: In Morocco
- Whitman, Walt: Walt Whitman’s Diary: A Summer in Canada, 1880
- Wiesel, Elie: Night
Happy reading to all those participating in this 30th Classics Club Spin!