I was getting to the point of thinking that summer would never come! Record rainfall here in the Pacific Northwest, and what felt like endless gray days, weighed heavily on us although the moisture gave us spectacular spring color. But now…just like that…Summer has arrived with sunshine, blue skies, and much warmer temperatures. I’m actually having to water the garden now!
My reading has slowed down with more time spent working on taming the garden. Our weekly schedule is filled up with doctors’ appointments, but we also enjoy our every-three-weeks visits from our daughter, and an occasional [very short but very much appreciated] outing. But I I look forward to reading on the porch more often now. Summer reading time is here!
Books in progress:
- The Sign of the Four, by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Thimble Summer, by Elizabeth Enright
- Korean Gardens: Tradition, Symbolism, and Resilience, by Jill Matthews
New books that arrived this week:
- The Windsor Knot, by S.J. Bennett
- The Colour of Summer, by Victoria Connelly
- The Forgotten Beach, by Andrea James