What a lovely day spent immersed in books about gardens, garderners, and planthunters! And this afternoon, I also spent time outside working in my own garden, planting bulbs, raking leaves, and preparing the garden for winter.
Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon is a very special event, and I’m so glad I was able to participate again this Fall! I’ve loved my themed reading for the last two read-a-thons so I’ll be tempted to do that same kind of thing for the Spring event.
Thank you to all of you who organized and made this event happen again! I’m sure Dewey would have been thrilled with the level of participation and with how wonderfully it is organized and managed. She left us too soon, but left a beautiful legacy.
- Gertrude Jekyll, by Twigs Way
- The Ugly Vegetables, by Grace Lin
- We Are the Gardeners, by Joanna Gaines and Kids
- Green Green: A Community Gardening Story, by Marie and Baldev Lamba
- Wangari’s Trees of Peace, by Jeanette Winter
- The Writer in the Garden, edited by Jane Garmey
- Argentinian Adventures: A Planthunter in Argentina, by John Lonsdale
- Beatrix Potter’s Gardening Life, by Marta McDowell